Saturday, December 27, 2014

How many times can we re-start?

Each time, I think it should be the last. Our weight is out of control (again) and we have to do something.
Additionally, we've let our stockpile get way too low. It makes D happier to have certain items built up - and me too. Things like soaps, laundry stuff, coffee, paper products - these are all things we need on a daily basis and we just don't have enough right now. So, shopping trip in order later today once D is done working.
We have also been lax about getting items for the church pantry and following our budget. I had to re-work that today to get things figured out - and stretch my paycheck for 6 weeks, including trying to build up the stockpile again. I've done a quick inventory and made a list of things we are really low on, and then starred items that we are out of or very low on that are a priority.

I'm feeling the need to purge - purge stuff that we don't need, get things cleaned out and cleaned up. I think it always happens this time of year, as we get ready to embrace the new year, we don't want to carry all the stuff with us that we don't need from the old year. So, I've purged all old coupons we don't need, and then I'm looking at the new fliers that we have and figuring out what we need to keep and for how long. That has also gone on the list.

On a different note, we are doing financially better. We should be able to pay cash for our vacation/first anniversary trip/delayed honeymoon. We are pretty close to on target for all that. I'm truly hoping D's work picks up significantly in March before we leave. It's always weather dependent :P He go lucky today as we actually have a nice day in the 60s. I have very little "revolving" debt left - just over $3300 - $500 on a line of credit and $2800 on the last credit card that has been closed down for forever. If all goes to plan, both should be done by June, at the latest, and we can move onto D's debt - which isn't horrible (and I'm hoping his work picks up significantly so he can start working on it sooner) and then my student loans. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Once all that is done - we are free of debt forever! It's nice to finally be able to see the end. Once that is done, it won't take long to save up our full emergency fund - maybe 3-4 months. Then, we can start planning and investing for our retirements.

Now, we need to not only focus on our weight and getting healthy, but getting things cleaned out, and continuing to focus on our debt and getting free of that. I think this will be a good year for getting all of this done. And, we get to celebrate our first anniversary :)

No comments: